lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Abdulrahman Galal <abdo1...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Search all Related Documents
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:47:19 GMT
please anyone help me and tell me how to unsubscribe from this mailing list

> From: nhira@cognocys.com> Subject: Re: Search all Related Documents> Date: Thu,
18 Sep 2008 17:35:14 -0500> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org> > You can search the
lucene and solr mailing lists for "denormalize" > but the general response is to try one
of:> > 1. de-normalize the data while indexing> - advantage: one query> - disadvantage:
data repetition> > 2. use 2 indices> - advantage: no need for repetition; this is
necessary anyway if > each query execution requires two-parts> - disadvantage: more
work for the app., more resources, etc.> > 3. if feasible, consider using Boolean query
with filters> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head- > f70612c6e4670e7fa2d5aeef4710effc522d85e0>
> 4. if the requirement is better suited to a combination lucene-for- > text and RDBMS-for-query
solution, then go that way> > You can> > > Good luck!> > -h> ---------------------------------------------------------------------->
Hira, N.R.> Cognocys, Inc.> > Catch up on the news. http
 ://www.cognocys.com/prospector/news.html> > > On 18-Sep-2008, at 10:27 AM, Dino
Korah wrote:> > > Hi All,> >> > Scenario: I have 100 documents in an
index and if these documents > > fall into> > 10 mutualy exclusive set; And within
that set one of them is the main> > document.> > Now if I am to search on the
index and group the result on 10 mutually> > exclusive sets. And if I have to display
the result with fields > > displayed> > from the main document, How do I do that
with minimal overhead.> >> > Realworld Scenario: take the example of Inbox of
emails with > > attachments. If> > those attachments and the email itself are
indexed with a common > > mail-id> > field which is common for the attachments
and the mail-body from > > the same> > mail message; Search results would be better
displayed as email's > > subject> > and body extract so that user can identify
them easily.> >> > Many thanks> >> > Dino> >> >> >>