lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "N. Hira" <nh...@cognocys.com>
Subject Re: Search all Related Documents
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:35:14 GMT
You can search the lucene and solr mailing lists for "denormalize"
but the general response is to try one of:

1. de-normalize the data while indexing
	- advantage: one query
	- disadvantage:  data repetition

2.  use 2 indices
	- advantage:  no need for repetition; this is necessary anyway if
each query execution requires two-parts
	- disadvantage:  more work for the app., more resources, etc.

3.  if feasible, consider using Boolean query with filters
	http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-
f70612c6e4670e7fa2d5aeef4710effc522d85e0

4.  if the requirement is better suited to a combination lucene-for-
text and RDBMS-for-query solution, then go that way

You can

Good luck!

-h
Hira, N.R.