lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Lux" <markus....@gmail.com>
Subject Injecting additional tokens
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 20:29:36 GMT
Hi,

Assume I have a String "z-4". That would be properly indexed by my Analyzer,
so I'd find the belonging document if I search for "z-4". Now I also want to
find that document if I search for "z4".
Now my approach would be to inject an additional token "z4" at indexing
time. There may also be several other characters that could be deleted in a
new token.
How could I manage that? Is there any predefined Tokenizer/Filter for this?
Or am I wrong and there is a better way to get this done?

Thanks.

--
Markus