lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Loken" <Jon.Lo...@bipsolutions.com>
Subject concise definition of Lucene score?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:17:41 GMT
Hi all,

I have attempted to find a concise definition of how the Lucene score is
calculated, something that can be understood by most people.

The information I found is accurate, but not particularly concise.
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apac
he/lucene/search/Similarity.html

If there is no boosting or sorting involved, how is a default sort
calculated?

Many thanks,
Jon

BiP Solutions Limited is a company registered in Scotland with Company Number SC086146 and
VAT number 383030966 and having its registered office at Park House, 300 Glasgow Road, Shawfield,
This e-mail (and any attachment) is intended only for the attention of the addressee(s). Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroyall copies and inform the sender by return e-mail.
This e-mail (whether you are the sender or the recipient) may be monitored, recorded and retained
by BiP Solutions Ltd.
E-mail monitoring/ blocking software may be used, and e-mail content may be read at any time.
You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding e-mails
and their contents.