lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Exception while doing sorting
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:47:18 GMT
If your index is increasing in size so fast, you should start thinking about sharding your
index (breaking it into multiple smaller indices that each fits on its server) and searching
across them (aka distributed search).

Yes, Lucene can handle millions of records if run on adequate hardware and if used correctly.

Otis