lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्" <noble.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we know if 2 lucene indexes are same?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 05:22:17 GMT
The use case is as follows

I have two indexes . One at the master and one at the slave. The user
occasionally keeps committing on the master and the delta is
replicated everytime. But when the optimize happens the transfer size
can be really large. So I am thinking of  doing the optimize
separately on master and slave .

So far, so good. But how can I really know that after the optimize the
indexes are indeed the same or no documents got added in between.?