lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How can we know if 2 lucene indexes are same?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:20:40 GMT

Actually, as of 2.3, this is no longer true: merges and optimizing run
in the background, and allow add/update/delete documents to run at the
same time.

I think it's probably best to use application logic (outside of
Lucene) to keep track of what updates happened to the master while the
slave was optimizing.

Mike