lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Korah" <dcko...@gmail.com>
Subject search with Filter
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:17:35 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to utilize Filter to see if I can get a bit more performance out
of my application that searches over 100million document lucene index.

On all my documents I have a two fields over which I will have to scope my
searches. One is a date-time field (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS) and a user-id filed
(number). How do I specify filter for a field. I feel that I can use
BooleanFilter + RangeFilter (for date-time) + TermFilter (user-id).

I couldnt figure out how to specify a Filter per field.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Dino