lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino Korah" <dcko...@gmail.com>
Subject Searcher - search() & Hits Deprecation
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:46:45 GMT
Hi All,

In my project I use Hits from Searcher.search() for my query results. If I
am to move to Lucene 3's ways, I will have to use TopDocs I presume.

It'll be great if someone could guide me with some sort of skeleton code.
Also is it possible to cache the results like I do with Hits?

Another question I have is on the order of application of Query, Filter and
Sort. Surely sort is last.! At low level if I have an effective filter,
would it reduce the number of seek+read & memory usage?

TopFieldDocs search(Query query, Filter filter, int n, Sort sort)

Many thanks
Dino