lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
Subject Re: lucene Front-end match
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:56:31 GMT
To be more specific (just in case you are new to lucene)

Your Query:

Query query = qp.parse("bbb:\"b*\" AND ccc:\"cc*\"");

What I think you actually want here:

Query query = qp.parse("bbb:b* AND ccc:cc*");

Give it a shot, and then like I said, go get Luke, it will help you
tremendously ^^

Matthew Hall wrote:
> The reason the wildcard is being dropped is because you have wrapped
> it in a phrase query.  Wildcards are not supported in Pharse Queries.
> At least not in any Analyzers that I'm aware of.
>
> A really good tool to see the transformations that happen to a query
> is Luke, open it up against your index, go into the search section,
> choose the analyzer you use and start playing around.
>
> This has helped me countless times when creating I'm my own queries
> and not getting the results that I expect.
>
> -Matt
>
> 叶双明 wrote:
>> I am sorry, just put the string to QueryParser.
>> But what make me confusing the code:
>>
>> Query query = qp.parse("bbb:\"b*\" AND ccc:\"cc*\"");
>>
>> doesn't work as i have expected. It drop the Wildcard *.
>>

>> 2008/9/19, 叶双明 <yeshuangming@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Now, I just use Query query = qp.parse("a*"); and  meet the my
>>> requirements.
>>>
>>> Another question: how to parser query string like:           title:"The
>>> Right Way" AND text:go
>>> please show me in java code. thanks.

>>> --
>>> Sorry for my English!! 明
>>> Please help me correct my English expression and error in syntax

Matthew Hall
Software Engineer
Mouse Genome Informatics
mhall@informatics.jax.org