lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Bowman <ebow...@boboco.ie>
Subject Some SSD results to share
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:06:41 GMT
Hi all,

We stuck a 60 GB OCZ "Core Series" SSD in a Dell T5400 (dual quadcore,
16GB RAM, SATA II 7200 RPM disk) and did some comparisons between
running with our index on disk, vs. on SSD.  I can't really talk about
what the app does, but I can share the difference in performance; see
enclosed PDF.

We have a 15GB index and a 20GB bdb, both of which are on the SSD.
Pretty amazing performance difference.  "Go buy one now." :)

(The x-axis is ms/request, the y-axis is percentile.   So, "65% of SSD
requests took 120ms or less", for example).

cheers,
Eric