lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpanQuery problem
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 01:14:54 GMT
This doesn't really make sense - you define a document with the same
field multiple times, then say you want to search documents, you but you
seem to want the results to be fields from that document you defined? Do
you want a search that returns documents or fields?

darren@ontrenet.com wrote:
> Thanks Paul. I will study your response more, as I don't fully understand it yet - specifically
"You'll need to expand the prefix into indexed terms".

> But what I want to do is so simple I'm surprised it cannot be done.
>
> You are saying that I cannot find all fields across all documents that begin with a string
or space bounded word? Consider 1 document with:

> word: blue car
> word: red car
> word: car door
> word: car wheel
>
> Using whitespace analyzer I simply want to query all fields in all documents
> where 'car' is the at the very front of the field.
>
> word: car door
> word: car wheel
>
> This cannot be done? I don't want to retrieve all of them and prune the results myself
because it will consume lots of resources.

> thanks so much!
>
> Darren
>
> On Sun Sep 14 16:36 , Paul Elschot  sent:Op Sunday 14 September 2008 19:36:38 schreef
Darren Govoni: