lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: searching for string with a blank
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:51:01 GMT
What *analyzer* are you using for your queries? Have Luke explain
your queries and I suspect you'll see your problem. Which if you're
using StandardAnalyzer is probably that 'case study'
will look like (lrt:case lrt:study). Note that the implied operator is OR
unless
you've changed it. But these are compared against your tokens

application

assessment

broadcast

case study

course

demonstration

drill and practice

educational game

EACH OF WHICH IS A TOKEN. No indexed value matches
"case" (the closest is "case study", but it doesn't match, since
you indexed it UN_TOKENIZED, "case" != "case study")
and similarly for "study".

If this is completely off base, perhaps you can provide some additional
detail.

Best
Erick