lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query attached words
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:25:45 GMT
Yes you can query *method. But you have to turn leading wildcards
(which I don't have right on the tips of my fingers, but know it's been
an option for some time now).

But your solution doesn't scale well. If you had
a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h you'd have to store many combinations in order
to do what you want, quickly becoming really, really ugly.

But you could store the tokens
.
.
.
.
.
.
by using the appropriate analyzer (or perhaps rolling
your own). Then you could use either PhraseQuerys
or SpanQuerys to do what you want....

Best
Erick