lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception while doing sorting
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:20:09 GMT
<<<My index searcher is static object and it is getting refreshed every
minute>>>

Does this mean you close/open your searcher every minute? If so, this could
be the root of why your sorting is taking so long. Although it's not the OOM
problem, see Faud's email.

The first few searches on a newly opened searcher do a lot of setup, which
is very
expensive. A 50 second search is usually considered unacceptable, so you
might
want to revisit how often you open/close your searcher if, indeed, you are
doing it
every minute.

Best
Erick