lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: SpanQuery problem
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:36:08 GMT
Op Sunday 14 September 2008 19:36:38 schreef Darren Govoni:
> Hi,
>   I am seeing odd behavior with SpanNearQuery.
>
> The problem is that with multiple fields, all fields beyond the first
> one 'car' are not seen by the span. I didn't think the span meant to
> sets of the same field, but rather to terms within a given field.
>
> Document 1. 1 field (word)
>
> word: car
> word: cars
> word: cars wash
> word: cars lot
>

> SpanNearyQuery with slop of 0. Wrapped by SpanFirstQuery with slop of
> 1. Term query within is "word","cars*". No results found.

There is no SpanPrefixQuery for cars* in Lucene. You'll need to
expand the prefix into indexed terms to create a SpanOrQuery
yourself. This is fairly straightforward from PrefixQuery and
SpanOrQuery.
Alternatively, have a look at the surround query parser in contrib
for a working example.

Regards,
Paul Elschot