lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dipen <dipe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter commit
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:55:38 GMT
hi michael,
  this is rather hard for me to understand, if a system loses power
(electricity), how can it be ensured that fsync() call will happen at all,
this commit function relies on fsync() but what if OS doesnt have time or
power in this case to actually call fsync() and synchronize. I read about
fsync() long time bacck and had this same question.

Is there anything like ultimate transaction preservation procedure as a
state of no power is almost unpedictable and unplannable. This is rather
silly question I know, but just coz you mentioned and I happened to read, I
wouldn loose this opportunity to ask this :)

thanks