lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <camb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: string similarity measures
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:54:14 GMT
yes, I already have a system for users reporting words. they fall on an
operator screen and if operator approves, or if 3 other people marked it as
curse, then it is filtered.
in the other thread you wrote:

>I would create 1-5 ngram sized shingles and measure the distance using
Tanimoto coefficient. That would probably work out just fine. ?>You might
want to add more weight the greater the size of the shingle.

>There are shingle filters in lucene/java/contrib/analyzers and there is a
Tanimoto distance in lucene/mahout/.

would that apply to my case? tanimoto coefficient over shingles?

Best,