lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <>
Subject AW: Search with multiple wildcards
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:11:07 GMT

Thank you for your quick response:-)

Of course I need to use the * character :-) But I have read somewhere in the documentation
that leading wildcards are not supported, and only one wildcard term per query. Is this limitation
resolved in the current version?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erick Erickson []
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. September 2008 15:47
Betreff: Re: Search with multiple wildcards

Sure, but you'll have to set the leading wildcard option,
which I've forgotten the exact call, but it's in the docs.

And use * rather than % <G>.

But wildcards are tricky, especially the TooManyClauses
exception. You might want to peruse the archive for wildcard

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Sertic Mirko, Bedag

> Hi@all
> Is it possible to do a search with multiple wildcards in one query, for
> instance "%MANAGE%" AND "CORE%"? Is there a code example available?
> Thanks a lot
> Mirko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: