lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Wojciech Strzałka <wstrza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[2]: Frequently updated fields
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:56:08 GMT

 I saw your comments on JIRA. You mentioned about rework and I'm wondering if the currently
 available patch is production ready (functionally complete)?
 Will the code after rework work with the index build with the current
 version?

 I'm quite new to SOLR/Lucene but I hope I could write custom
 SearchComponent to SOLR based on yours Tag Index and this way get
 exactly what I need.

 And one more question:  I don't really get now how could I setup field to be indexed by
 TagIndexWriter instead of TagWriter. I know it's somehow handled by
 ParallelIndexWriter but how can I setup it?

> Yes Tag Index will work.  I have not had time to complete it however
> if you are interested in working on it please feel free to contact me.

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You might check out the tagindex issue in jira as well. Havn't looked at it
>> myself, but I believe its supposed to be an option for this.
>>
>> Gerardo Segura wrote:
>>>
>>> I think the important question is: in general how to cope with frequently
>>> changing fields.

Pozdrowienia,
 Wojciech Strzalka