lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nukie <>
Subject Using Hits as document space for new search
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:20:00 GMT

I'm writing application that should be using lucene for searching threw
~2000000 documents.

Search criterias i'm collecting using BooleanQuery and ChainedFilter.
Avarage search takes 150 ms, what is acceptable in my case.
But i should have hits count for ~20 more variants of search criterias (by
increasing search criterias count).

This looks costly. I thougt about using current Hits as document space for
new, more detailed search.
Is this possible or there is another performance tricks for getting hits
count ?