lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From miztaken <justjunkt...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues with Special Characters
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:05:17 GMT

Hi there,
I am using WhiteSpaceAnalyser to index documents. I have used this because i
need to split tokens based on space only. Also Tokensized=true
While indexing what does it do with special characters like + - && || ! ( )
{ } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : \, will these characters be indexed or will be chopped
off? I am confused about this.

Now i am having problem while searching as well..
for query strings like "jason dartling (e-mail)" and "re: fyi.dat", i don't
have to escape the special characters ( , ) and : but for input such as
"re:" queryParser is producing error so i have escaped characters here.
So it seems like i have two cases to deal with..
Can anyone suggest me one generic way to deal with both the cases?

Basically how to index and search string with escape characters will be my
generalized question?

Please help me
miztaken