lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nobody <daily...@budweiser.com>
Subject Spawn an indexing thread on every update
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:43:16 GMT

Hi,

  In our application, I want users to be able to search for the updates they
make almost immediately. Hence, whenever they update, I spawn a thread
immediately to index. However, when the load on the application is very high
the number of threads spawned increases, and this results in "cannot create
native thread" error.

We are thinking of running the indexing thread once in every 15 mins,
through a scheduler, and buffer all the writes till the thread runs.
However, this will result in stale results on the search. Please advice what
is the best approach in this regard.

-thanks