lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lilalfyalien <...@oxfordcc.co.uk>
Subject Building Relationships between documents?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:10:26 GMT

Hi,

I think I have a very easy question to answer (I am a Lucene beginner and
like it very much!): I have built lucene documents and indexes from a
dataset from a relational database. I have the table Entities and the table
Products. Each product has one entity and Entities therefore can have
multiple products. I want my user to be able to search Entity-level
attributes but get the product level data back. Is the only way to do this
to put all the Entity level data in the same document as the product or can
you establish relationships between documents using queries?

Thanks you for reading this and thansk for any help in advance!

Lilalfyalien