lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy33 <clever_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Memory Leak
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:31:02 GMT

I took your advice and created Singletons for the Directory, Analyzer, and
IndexSearcher classes. I also undid the closing of the Directory and
IndexSearcher. This seemed to fix my memory leak problem. However, I don't
like the fact that I am leaving open the IndexSearcher for the entire life
of a web application. When I close the IndexSearcher, the underlying
IndexReader is also closed. It looks like the only way I can reopen the
IndexSearcher is to reopen the IndexReader and create a new IndexSearcher.
This leads me back to my original problem.

Is there a better way to handle this rather than keeping the IndexSeacher
open for the life of the application?