lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy33 <>
Subject Lucene Memory Leak
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:53:39 GMT

I have a memory leak in my lucene search code. I am able to run a few queries
fine, but I eventually run out of memory. Please note that I do close and
set to null the ivIndexSearcher object elsewhere. Here is the code I am

private synchronized Hits doQuery(String field, String queryStr, Sort
sortOrder, String indexDirectory) throws Exception
	Directory directory = null;
	    directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDirectory);
	    //search the index
	    ivIndexSearcher = new IndexSearcher(directory);
	    QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(field, analyzer);
	    Query query = parser.parse(queryStr);
	    Hits results =, sortOrder);
	    return results;
	    if(null != directory)