lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy33 <clever_o...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lucene Memory Leak
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:53:39 GMT

I have a memory leak in my lucene search code. I am able to run a few queries
fine, but I eventually run out of memory. Please note that I do close and
set to null the ivIndexSearcher object elsewhere. Here is the code I am
using...

private synchronized Hits doQuery(String field, String queryStr, Sort
sortOrder, String indexDirectory) throws Exception
    {
	Directory directory = null;

	try
	{

	    directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDirectory);

	    //search the index
	    ivIndexSearcher = new IndexSearcher(directory);

	    QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(field, analyzer);
	    Query query = parser.parse(queryStr);
	    Hits results = ivIndexSearcher.search(query, sortOrder);

	    return results;
	}
	finally
	{