lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From davood <>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThis return no results
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:16:42 GMT

I enabled the TermVector for  required fields using following piece of code,
Field titleField = new Field("title", title, Field.Store.NO,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED, TermVector.YES);
and then re-indexed it. But again it shows no result.
I checked the stored documents and they TermVector exists and si correct but
morelikethis return no result for a given document id.

What am I missing?

mark harwood wrote:
> MoreLikeThis needs to find the terms in your doc. It tries to do this by
> using TermFreqVectors which are stored in the index if you choose to add
> them at  index-time. If you haven't done this then it will fall back to
> reanalysing the content of the document usings an analyser (despite what
> the javadocs for the setAnalyzer method  say about not needing to set an
> analyzer when MoreLiking an existing document).
> So your options are probably to re-index with term vectors turned on or
> set an appropriate choice of analyzer.
> Cheers,
> Mark
> (only 3 days to go until Tom Roberts is back in the office! )

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message