lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: AW: Search with multiple wildcards
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:19:57 GMT
You need to call rewrite on the query to expand it then give that version to the highlighter
- see the package javadocs.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/package-summary.html#package_description

Cheers
Mark

----- Original Message ----
From: "Sertic Mirko, Bedag" <Mirko.Sertic@bedag.ch>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, 11 September, 2008 9:34:13
Subject: AW: Search with multiple wildcards

Ok, i gave it a try, but i ran into this TooManyClauses Exception. I see that
3ildcard queries are expanded before they are processed, and I see that i can
set the clauses count to Integer.MAXVALUE, and queries can consume a lot of memory,
but one final thing is still open: does a wildcard query work together with
the Lucene Highlighter? I tried it, but I only got an empty result. Without
wildcards, the highlighter works pretty smooth!

Regards
Mirko