lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Caused by: java.io.IOException: read past EOF on Slave
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:13:00 GMT
Michael:
  Yep, previous implementation have his own buffer to reduce BLOB IO
overriding Input/OutputBufferStream base classes.
  Now Input/Output stream classes use BufferStream implementation and
only implement flushInternal and setSize methods among others minimun
changes :)
  Best regards, Marcelo.

PD: I am not in my notebook now, so I can not put the diff to see the
differences :(
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> I'm glad to hear this!
>
> But: what was the root cause of the problems?  Why didn't your previous
> Input/Output implementations, which worked with Lucene 2.3, work win 2.4?
>  It's kinda spooky.
>
> Mike
>
> Marcelo Ochoa wrote:
>
>> Michael:
>>  I have OJVMDirectory working with 2.4rc2 code base.
>>  I have refactored Output and Input streams classes according to
>> latest implementation of Buffered base classes and works OK.
>>  All of my tests suites runs OK also the bug in the 11g JITs compiler
>> is not reproducible.
>>  I'll test this new implementation of Input/Output stream classes if
>> they are compatible with 2.3 code base to release a new binary version
>> of Oracle Lucene integration with 2.3 distribution and once 2.4
>> release is in production I'll release another binary version too.
>>  Best regards, Marcelo.
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Michael McCandless
>> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Marcelo,
>>>
>>> Do you have any sense whether this is an issue with your integration (eg
>>> your Directory implementation that stores data in BLOB columns) vs
>>> something
>>> with Lucene 2.4?
>>>
>>> It seems odd to me that there would be a bug in your Directory
>>> implementation that 2.3 didn't tickle but 2.4 did.
>>>
>>> Can you dump the index, as stored in BLOB columns, out into the
>>> filesystem,
>>> and run CheckIndex on it?  (Or maybe run CheckIndex within Oracle).
>>>
>>> Mike

EOF