lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Caused by: java.io.IOException: read past EOF on Slave
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:44:31 GMT
Michael:
  I just start testing 2.4rc2 running inside OJVM.
 I found a similar stack trace during indexing:
IW 3 [Root Thread]:   flush: segment=_3 docStoreSegment=_3
docStoreOffset=0 flushDocs=true flushDeletes=true flushDocStores=false
numDocs=2 numBufDelTerms=2
IW 3 [Root Thread]:   index before flush _1:C2->_1 _2:C2->_2
IW 3 [Root Thread]: DW: flush postings as segment _3 numDocs=2
IW 3 [Root Thread]: DW:   oldRAMSize=111616 newFlushedSize=264
docs/MB=7,943.758 new/old=0.237%
IW 3 [Root Thread]: DW: apply 2 buffered deleted terms and 0 deleted
docIDs and 0 deleted queries on 3 segments.
IW 3 [Root Thread]: hit exception flushing deletes
Exception in thread "Root Thread" java.io.IOException: read past EOF
        at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.TermBuffer.read(TermBuffer.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.scanTo(SegmentTermEnum.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.seek(SegmentTermDocs.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.termDocs(IndexReader.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.applyDeletes(DocumentsWriter.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.applyDeletes(DocumentsWriter.java:918)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.applyDeletes(IndexWriter.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.doFlush(IndexWriter.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.flush(IndexWriter.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.flush(IndexWriter.java)
        at org.apache.lucene.indexer.LuceneDomainIndex.sync(LuceneDomainIndex.java:1308)

  I'll reinstall with a full debug info to see all line numbers in
Lucene java code.
  Is there a list of semantic changes at BufferedIndeInput code?
  I mean it do sequential or random writes for example.
  But anyway, I just compiled with latest code and ran my test suites,
I'll investigate the problem a bit more.
  Best regards, Marcelo.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> Can you describe the sequence of steps that your replication process goes
> through?
>
> Also, which filesystem is the index being accessed through?
>
> Mike
>
> rahul_k123 wrote:
>

>> First of all, thanks to all the people who helped me in getting the lucene
>> replication setup working and right now its live in our production :-)
>>
>> Everything working fine, except that i am seeing some exceptions on
>> slaves.
>>
>> The following is the one which is occuring more often on slaves
>>
>>  at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
>>       at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>>       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>>       at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
>>       at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: com.IndexingException: [SYSTEM_ERROR] Cannot access index
>> [data_dir/index]: [read past EOF]
>>       at
>>
>> com.lucene.LuceneSearchService.getSearchResults(LuceneSearchService.java:964)
>>       ... 12 more
>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
>>       at
>>
>> org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:146)
>>       at
>>
>> org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:38)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt(IndexInput.java:66)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readLong(IndexInput.java:89)
>>       at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:147)
>>       at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:659)
>>       at
>>
>> org.apache.lucene.index.MultiSegmentReader.document(MultiSegmentReader.java:257)
>>       at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.document(IndexReader.java:525)
>>
>> and the second one is
>>
>> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
>>       at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>>       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>>       at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
>>       at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
>>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: attempt to access a deleted
>> document
>>       at
> [...]

Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/
http://marcelo.ochoa.googlepages.com/home
______________
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
http://www.dbprism.com.ar/index.html
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java &
Web Services"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1555583296/
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1861003587/
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/