lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <>
Subject Re: MoreLikeThis return no results
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:43:35 GMT
Hi Dave:
  MoreLikeThis object has two parameters which controls his functionality:
  By default MinTermFreq is 2, so if your document has no terms with
freq greater than 2 will return a query with no terms which returns 0
  Try setting it to 1.
  Best regards, Marcelo.
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:16 AM, davood <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I enabled the TermVector for  required fields using following piece of code,
> Field titleField = new Field("title", title, Field.Store.NO,
> Field.Index.TOKENIZED, TermVector.YES);
> and then re-indexed it. But again it shows no result.
> I checked the stored documents and they TermVector exists and si correct but
> morelikethis return no result for a given document id.
> What am I missing?
> mark harwood wrote:
>> MoreLikeThis needs to find the terms in your doc. It tries to do this by
>> using TermFreqVectors which are stored in the index if you choose to add
>> them at  index-time. If you haven't done this then it will fall back to
>> reanalysing the content of the document usings an analyser (despite what
>> the javadocs for the setAnalyzer method  say about not needing to set an
>> analyzer when MoreLiking an existing document).
>> So your options are probably to re-index with term vectors turned on or
>> set an appropriate choice of analyzer.
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>> (only 3 days to go until Tom Roberts is back in the office! )
> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Marcelo F. Ochoa
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java &
Web Services"
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message