lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mck <m...@semb.wever.org>
Subject Re: Replacing FAST functionality atsesam.no-ShingleFilter+exactmatching
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:17:38 GMT
Chris,

> the safe thing to do is make sure the first token has
> a positionIncrement of "1" and the 'synonyms" after that use an
> increment of "0"

Yes it makes sense to have at minimum the first token with
positionIncrement=1
I didn't see outside "the vacuum" at all, thank you for explaining.

Does it make sense for me to rewrite the ShingleFilter patch to ensure
the first token returned always has positionIncrement=1 regardless if
enablePositions is true or false?

(i'll test too that BooleanQuery works as presumed in my case...)

Would such a rewrite of the ShingleFilter patch be a substitute for the
custom Analyzer you talk about?
(i'm pushing to keep any patch restricted to the ShingleFilter since my
gut feeling is still that's where the change in behaviour is).

~mck

--
"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." Mae
West