lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject SpanQuery problem
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:36:38 GMT
Hi,
  I am seeing odd behavior with SpanNearQuery.

The problem is that with multiple fields, all fields beyond the first
one 'car' are not seen by the span. I didn't think the span meant to
sets of the same field, but rather to terms within a given field.

Document 1. 1 field (word)

word: car
word: cars
word: cars wash
word: cars lot

SpanNearyQuery with slop of 0. Wrapped by SpanFirstQuery with slop of 1.
Term query within is "word","cars*". No results found.

If I remove the first field word: car, it works. Also, if I increase the
slop, it will return results from only the first amount of fields in the
slop rather than terms within the field value.

Is what I am seeing the correct behavior? Doesn't seem like it.

What I am trying to do is span _within_ EACH field and match phrases
that begin with "cars*". Shouldn't be too hard to do I thought.

Darren