lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mck <>
Subject RE: Re: Replacing FAST functionality
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:51:33 GMT
On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 14:47 -0700, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> The FieldQParserPlugin in particular passes the entire querystring to
> the
> Analyzer for the field specified by an "f" param as a single chunk...
>          {!field f=yourfieldName}Some input that can have spaces
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?debugQuery=true&rows=0&q=%7B%
> 21field+f%3Dname%7DFoo+Bar

But at the end of the day will
{!field f:list_entry_shingle}abcd efgh ijkl
still end up as
list_entry_shingle:"abcd efgh ijkl"

I was unable to get a url like
to work. I got
> org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Expected identifier at
> pos 9 str='{!field f:list_entry_shingle}abcd efgh ijkl'

I ask because the javadoc indicates this and from what i can see in
FieldQParserPlugin you still end up with one of the same three return
BooleanQuery, MultiPhraseQuery, or PhraseQuery.

So as long as we have shingles with positionIncrement=0 and unigrams (or
the first shingles) with positionIncrement=1 you'll end up with a
If we treat the phrase instead as a single term (eg by using the
KeywordTokenizer) then no shingles will be generated (as one term is
just a unigram).

Does this make sense?

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around
the sun every year." Unknown
| | | |

View raw message