lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mck <m...@semb.wever.org>
Subject Re: Replacing FAST functionality at sesam.no -ShingleFilter+exactmatching
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:02:13 GMT

> > But this does not return the hits i want.
>
> Have you tried submitting the query without quotes?  (That's where the
> PhraseQuery likely comes from.)

Yes. It does not work.
It returns just the unigrams, again the same behaviour as mentioned
earlier.

Debugging ShingleFilter in this case it shows that no shingles are ever
constructed. There are 3 separate tokens in the query and that's all.

The ShingleFilter appears to only work, at least for me, on phrases.
I would think this correct as each shingle is in fact a sub-phrase to
the larger original phrase. Is that presumption correct?

~mck

minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who
refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to
express his opinions courageously and honestly." Albert Einstein
| semb.wever.org | sesat.no | sesam.no |