lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fatih Soydan" <idlem...@gmail.com>
Subject About The Lucene Query Syntax
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 07:55:25 GMT
Hi;

I am trying to write an application that's working on Blackberry or other
java enabled phones. This application talk with the server and Ask some
questions. Server Side is c# and i am using Apache Lucene.Net in this
Project.

I searched a forum or mail list, but i didn't found yet. I have a problem
about query syntax.

I want to search this

"Technology Gunlugu*" AND "NTV"

But don't returns any result, Because of "technology gunlugu*".

When I searched

"Technology Gunlugu" AND "NTV"   returns 3 matched record

"Technology Gunlugunde" AND "NTV" returns  1 matched record

I debug my Project step by step.

In the  Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher

public override Query Rewrite(Query original)

{

Query query = original;

for (Query rewrittenQuery = query.Rewrite(reader); rewrittenQuery != query;
rewrittenQuery = query.Rewrite(reader))

       {

              query = rewrittenQuery;

       }

       return query;

}

İf the query is a PrefixQuery  Gunlugu* turns to Gunlugunde OR Gunlugu

But if the query is a default Query (Lucene.Net.Search.Query) "technology
gunlugu*"  it returns null query.

What can I do ?

(Sorry for my bad English)

FATIH SOYDAN