lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andre Rubin" <andre.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching Tokenized x Un_tokenized
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:30:47 GMT
My searches for my String tokenized field was working properly. I
switched the field to un_tokenized, rebuilt the index, and now my
searches only return strings that match the query string in lower
case.

For example, searching for 'us*':

The tokenized field version would find 'USA' and 'usa'

The untokenized field version only finds 'usa'

I'm using the StandardAnalyzer in both cases.

Thanks

Andre