lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doron Cohen" <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Case Sensitivity
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:42:21 GMT

> In example  I want to show what I  stored field as  Field.Index.NO_NORMS
>
> As I understand it means what field contains original string
> despite what analyzer I chose(StandardAnalyzer by default).

This would be achieved by UN_TOKENIZED.

The NO_NORMS just guides Lucene to avoid normalizing
results by document length for this field (and to avoid allocating
resources for that).

Other than that I join Erick in wondering why all three options are needed.
It would help the list to help you if you provide
a few simple examples of: document, query, expected result.

Doron