lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doron Cohen" <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CustomScoreQuery and BooleanQuery
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:08:59 GMT
When combining any sub queries, a scorer has at least two things to decide:
which docs to match, and once matched, how to score. Boolean Queries applies
specific logics for this, and some queries allow some control of the way to
score. For current CustomScoreQuery things are more straightforward - the
single sub-query dictates which docs match, the VSQs are expected to provide
a score for any doc matched by the SQ, and the CSQ then combines the score,
in a way that can be customized.

Can you provide more details on your use case? Perhaps it can be answered
with existing Lucene mechanisms.

Doron