lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Paging & Sorting
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:37:16 GMT
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Neeraj Gupta <neeraj.gupta.2@hewitt.com> wrote:
> A Gentle Reminder! Any Solution around this problem?

Lucky you, it's already been solved :-)

Seriously though, I think you are making some incorrect assumptions
about how Lucene works.  Lucene does not retrieve all 50K documents...
but it does *score* those documents and only keeps track of the top
ones (by id), and then only retrieves the whole document for only
those you ask for.

-Yonik