lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: when do internal doc IDs change?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:12:31 GMT

: Subject: when do internal doc IDs change?

This is a FAQ...

"When is it possible for document IDs to change?"
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-e1de2630fe33fb6eb6733747a5bf870f600e1b4c

: One idea I have is to maintain a set of binary on-disk files (one for
: each field we want to cache) on our master index server and replicate
: these files with each index snapshot, so that they are directly read

You may want to take a look at LUCENE-831 which may add support for
soemthing like this directly into IndexReader, so you could hook
in whatever kind of cache logic you wanted (FieldCache), as well as
whatever type of cach impl (ie: disk based) that you wnated, and
Indexreader would "do the right thing" when the index was opened or
reopened or closed.

-Hoss