lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christopher M Collins <colli...@us.ibm.com>
Subject SpanRegexQuery
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 02:06:55 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to use SpanRegexQuery as one of the clauses in my SpanQuery.
When I give it a regex like: "L[a-z]+ing" and do a rewrite on the final
query I get terms like "Labinger" and "Lackonsingh" along with the expected
terms "Labeling", "Lacing", etc.  It's as if the regex is treated as a
"find()" and not a "match()" in Java.  Is there a way to make it behave
like a full match, and not a prefix regex?

Thanks!

Christopher

Christopher Collins \ http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~ccollins
Department of Computer Science \ University of Toronto
Collaborative User Experience Group \ IBM Research