lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brittany Jacobs" <bjac...@jbmanagement.com>
Subject RE: LineDocMaker usage
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:11:41 GMT
Thank you so much!

Brittany Jacobs
Java Developer
JBManagement, Inc.
12 Christopher Way, Suite 103
Eatontown, NJ 07724
ph: 732-542-9200 ext. 229
fax: 732-380-0678
email: bjacobs@jbmanagement.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Anshum [mailto:anshumg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:30 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: LineDocMaker usage

Hi,
How about just opening a file and parsing through it while adding doing a
doc.add on each newline? That should be pretty straight and simple.
Just writing the snippet here, though this might have issues as didnt try to
compile it.

    IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexDir, new StandardAnalyzer(),
true);

    FileInputStream fstream = new FileInputStream("textfile.txt");
    DataInputStream in = new DataInputStream(fstream);
    BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(in));
    String strLine;
    while ((strLine = br.readLine()) != null)   {
        Document doc = new Document();
            doc.add(new Field("filename",
f.getCanonicalPath(),Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
            doc.add(new Field("filename",
strLine,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED));//DEPENDING UPON HOW YOU
WANT TO INDEX IT
            writer.addDocument(doc);
    }
    in.close();
    writer.close();

Also, I have tokenized the content and stored it so that it could be
fetched, you might just want to have a ref key instead of storing the
entrire content though. Upto you for implementation.

--
Anshum
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Brittany Jacobs
<bjacobs@jbmanagement.com>wrote:

> Hello, I am new to all this.  I need to read in a text file and have each
> line in the file be a document.
>
> The LineDocMaker seems to be intended for this purpose.  But I can't
figure
> out how to read the data into it.
>
> Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw............