lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene 3.0 feature list?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:44:13 GMT
See http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/BackwardsCompatibility

Generally speaking 3.0 will be the same as 2.9 minus the deprecated
methods (and, in this case, the upgrade to JDK 1.5).  That is not to
say that the file formats, etc. under the hood won't change and that
there won't be new methods and capabilities (there certainly will be,
otherwise what's the point?).  For instance, we have _DISCUSSED_
changing Document/Fieldable into two separate concerns based on index
time use and search time use.  This has not been committed to, though.

-Grant