lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:07:08 GMT

25 aug 2008 kl. 13.54 skrev Venkata Subbarayudu:

> Hi All,
>      I am new to this Lucene, and I am using this for indexing and
> searching. Is it possible to search substrings using this, for
> example if a
> field holds the value "LuceneIndex" and if a give the query as
> Index, I want
> to get this field also.. is there anyway for this.

Is this the specific use case, that you want to handle composite words
as in javaFieldAndClassNames? There is no native support for that in
Lucene to my knowledge, but it should not be too hard to implement a
TokenStream that tokenize such composite words in to single tokens.
You probably want to keep the original token too though.

Another alternative is creating an ngram index.

Finally you might want to look at the
org.apache.lucene.analysis.compound package in contrib/analyzers.

           karl