lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging 2 indexes
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:57:00 GMT
30 aug 2008 kl. 09.42 skrev Andre Rubin:

> I have 2 indexes. Both have an ID field and one or more String
> fields... I
> want to merge these indexes by merging the documents on each index
> that
> match their IDs.

> Is there a way to do that in an efficient way, like not having to
> manually
> traverse each?

No. I recommend you go to the data sources and build your merged index
from scratch. Otherwise you would have to extract the data from the
inverted index or get them via the term vectors (if you made them
available at index time). TermVectorAccessor in trunk/contrib/
miscellaneous can help you with that. Last option is if you stored all
the source data in your documents and you know what analyzer you used
to tokenize it with.

       karl