lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we know if 2 lucene indexes are same?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:43:50 GMT

29 aug 2008 kl. 11.35 skrev Noble Paul നോബിള്‍
नोब्ळ्:

> hi,
> I wish to know if the contents of two indexes have same data.
> will all the files be exactly same if I put same set of documents to
> both?

If you insert the documents in the same order with the same settings
and both indices are optimized, then the files ought to be
identitical. I'm however not sure.

The instantiated index contrib module contains a test that assert two
index readers are identical. You could use this to be really sure, but
it it a rather long running process for a large index:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/instantiated/src/test/org/apache/lucene/store/instantiated/TestIndicesEquals.java

Perhaps you should explain why you need to do this.

           karl