lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lucene 3.0 feature list?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:46:45 GMT
We haven't even begun working on 3.0 other than the planning to say it
will be on JDK 1.5.  There may be a few tickets in JIRA that are
marked as 3.0, though, but that doesn't even mean they will make it.
And, the API will not necessarily be 2.4 compatible.  That is not in
our back compat. requirements.  Having said that, we try to make
upgrades as painless as possible, but for major releases, we reserve
the right to change things more so than minor releases.