lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "S├ębastien Rainville" <sebastienrainvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarity: Is there a Query boosting 50-50 over 1000-1 ?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:53:07 GMT
I'm curious... what do you mean by "It's not perfect (there is no such
thing) but it works pretty well in most cases, and works great if you spend
a little time figuring out the right length normalization factors." ? Can
you plz elaborate a little more on what are the length normalization factors
exactly and what makes them good or bad... it's a part of lucene that is
really confusing me as I'm still a newbie :P

Thanks,
Sebastien