lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Efficient delete
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:23:51 GMT
Michael

Did you get anywhere with this? 3 secs for one delete is excessive. A
job of mine ran earlier today and did 2000+ deletes by term on unique
id in less than 9 seconds.  The index is smaller, at around 5Gb, but I
don't believe that would explain the difference.  All the deletes were
done in one batch using lucene 2.3.2.

Is there a lot of other concurrent activity on the index?  On the
server?  Is it CPU or IO bound?

--
Ian.